Breakthrough product applications with Lightweight fillers
Which capabilities would you like to transfer to your product? Do you envisage distinctive product properties, but the right ingredient or medium is missing? Then the MAGNESIA hollow microspheres might be the right solution for your field of application.
Under the tradename MagSpheres®, MAGNESIA supplies lightweight fillers for use in medical research, aerospace, construction chemistry as well as for insulation materials, plastics and environment. Various types of hollow bodies are available in selected grain size ranges and can be used mineral- and polymer-bound.
Which product idea would you like to implement? With the micro hollow spheres MagSpheres® from MAGNESIA you get much closer to your target.
MagSpheres® impress with quality and technical ingenuity
Our team of experts has many years of market experience and supports you in optimizing your product developments. With the hollow microspheres from MAGNESIA your products will reach new spheres and make a name for themselves in the market. Based on your ideas and defined parameters, we will work together to find the ideal solution for your technical challenge from for example the following MagSpheres® series:
- The MagSpheres® C series are ceramic hollow microspheres that serve as functional lightweight fillers. They are characterized by their very high temperature resistance and mechanical stability.
- The hollow glass spheres of the MagSpheres® G series stand out due to their low density with maximum compression strength. In addition, the MagSpheres® G series impresses with its excellent hydrolytic resistance.
- The perlites of our MagSpheres® P series are different from conventionally produced perlites. Through a new manufacturing process, they are built up almost closed-cell without the use of additional raw materials. This results in perlites that are characterized by low water absorption.
All MagSpheres® series are chemically inert raw materials. This means that all types of MagSpheres® can be individually combined with each other based on your requirements - there are no mutual chemical reactions. So, with regard to the product properties of the different MagSpheres® series, we will advise you according to the motto “Combine the best of all worlds”.
MagSpheres®: Diverse areas of application for your product portfolio
With micro hollow spheres from MAGNESIA your products get special properties that make them unique and convince your customers with an extraordinary performance. We will be happy to send you detailed specifications, safety data sheets and product samples on request. The following examples may give you an idea of the application scope:
- use of MagSpheres® G- or C-series
- coolants and abrasive particles adhere longer to surface
- thus, higher effectiveness and faster results
- coarser types are an advantage
- respective hardness of used system must be observed
- use of MagSpheres® P- or C-series
- using lightweight components, the sound, but also the footfall sound in the room is massively reduced
- promising application for automotive sector with option of a “Custom Made” type tailored to the needs of end user
Use in construction chemistry
- use of MagSpheres® P- or C-series
- for everyday products - often made with ceramic balls, glass balls or mineral balls
- Examples: tile adhesive, precast concrete parts, decorative elements, coatings that reduce electric smog
- active embodiment in cementitious applications
- application benefits from ball bearing effect
- artificially generated radiation that is harmful to health (e.g. smartphone) is reduced
- The use of our MagSpheres® P or C series is ideal for thermal insulation
- Optimal thermal insulation with simultaneous acoustic insulation
- Lower construction costs and narrower walls
- Influence on heat distribution
- Significantly lower fire load than EPS insulation
- MagSpheres® C & G Series
- Example application: Interior & engine compartment insulation.
- Optical & haptic modification of the fittings
- Weight reduction
- Modification of look & feel
- Saving of binder
- For the production and processing of ceramic products, we recommend the use of the MagSpheres® C or G series
- Crack suppression
- Less shrinkage during firing
- Weight reduction of your end products. Ceramic also goes light
- In the field of polymers, the use of MagSpheres® C & G series is suitable
- Saving of binder
- Weight reduction
- Improved insulation
- Optimize the flow ability of the molten mass
Paint & Varnish
- Use our MagSpheres® C & G series to impart special properties to paints and coatings
- Modification of the look & feel
- Cost savings due to the use of less binder
- Low thermal conductivity
- Can reflect infrared rays (increase comfort factor)
Stockmeier Chemie - Partner in Paints & Coatings
Together with Stockmeier, we are a strong team of experts who will be happy to assist you. In the field of paints and coatings Stockmeier and especially their subsidiary Bassermann will be at your disposal.
- The MagSpheres® C & G series is suitable for use in filler compounds
- Better grindability
- Improved processability, ball bearing effect
- Less shrinkage
Refractory & Foundry
- For refractory applications as well as in the foundry industry you can use our MagSpheres® C-Series
- Weight reduction of your end products
- Defined cooling behavior
- Improved surfaces
- Less surface finishing
Stockmeier Chemie - Partner in Refractories & Foundry
Together with Stockmeier, we are a strong team of experts who will be happy to assist you. In the field of refractory and foundry applications Stockmeier and especially their subsidiary Bassermann will be at your disposal.
Supplier qualification as an integrated process
As part of the qualification process of our suppliers, we carry out appropriate audits and ensure that requirements are met. Even after successful qualification, compliance with legal requirements is regularly assessed. Our integrated process ensures that all changes at supplier facilities or to the product that could affect manufacturing or test parameters are checked and approved before implementation.
Contact us now
Thomas Luckow and the Lightweight FIllers team supports you with technical know-how and finds tailor-made solutions for your product idea. Also ask for detailed information about specifications, safety data sheets or material samples.
Trade compliance ensures quality of your products
As an expert in the procurement of additives, active ingredients and excipients, compliance with applicable laws for import and export as well as compliance with trade and customs laws is an important pillar of our specialization. We also work closely with our customers to determine the applicable export control restrictions. So there are no surprises to be expected with urgently needed raw material deliveries.
Awarded as certified partner
MAGNESIA undergoes regular audits and controls by supervisory authorities. As a distributor of active ingredients, our quality management system for trading in active ingredients for the manufacture of human pharmaceuticals is GDP-certified. In general, our quality management is certified in accordance with DIN EN ISO 9001. In addition, our hygiene management complies with the food safety system standard based on HACCP.